Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Front Porch

Time to reveal block #1 for our Front Porch Sew Along.



I love the first block.  I needle turned (or toothpick turned) all the pieces.  I am pretty happy with it.  I will be linking up with Lori on her blog Humble Quilts.

Lori is going to post the strip pieced directions for the 3 flag blocks.  The pattern calls for appliqueing the pieces of the flags.  Piecing will be much easier and less time consuming.


Don't forget to stop back on June 6 when we show our center blocks for the Gwennie Inspired Medallion Quilt.  It will then be revealed what the theme for the next round will be.  I don't know about you but I'm getting real excited.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy

10 comments:

Lori said...

Great block Cathy!!

Karen said...

Your house block is a good one. Saltbox style houses are my favorite style. Good sky fabric. Have you watched any of Jan Patek's applique videos on You Tube? She shows how she does her house blocks on one of them. I found it interesting to watch.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Nice block, pretty sky!

Robin said...

Love the paisley sky. Such a good use for that fabric.

Radka said...

It's lovely :-)
xx

Rebecca in AK said...

I love your house block! A great choice for the sky fabric! I am glad Lori posted the piecing instructions, I was kind of scratching my head about why the flags were to be appliquéd.

Kyle said...

Your first block is super cute. Jan's quilt designs are always so charming. It will be fun to see what's next.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Wow that is just gorgeous - house blocks always give me a thrill anyway, but this is really special!!!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

You choose great projects to join and thanks for sharing the links. Your front porch block is lovely. Happy Stitching.

Lizzy D said...

Very pretty!

lizzy gone to the beach