Sunday, March 15, 2015

Some Things to Share

Although feeling a little under the weather I managed to work on a few projects.

I finished the 12th block in Cheri Payne's Common Threads Quilt.


There is such a wonderful mix of blocks in this quilt.


Here are all 12 of the blocks that I have finished.  Next week I hope to start on blocks 13-16.


I got a package in the mail from Amazon the other day.  I finally got an Accuquilt Go.  I love it.  I bought the package with the extra dies.  I started working on the Huckleberry Quilts sew-along quilt for March called "Double Hourglass".  And I cut out all the pieces for the blocks using my Go.


Here are the blocks put together.  I am auditioning the fabric for the borders.  I think this one will work.  What do you think?


Yesterday we went to Lansing to watch my granddaughter Ashley play in the State Championship.  If you recall she lives in the Upper Peninsula.  My son, his wife and Ashley came down with the team in a bus.  Although I didn't get any pictures of the games I did get pictures of all the grand kids.  And all my kids.


My daughter took the pictures with her cell phone and posted them on facebook.  I copied them so the pictures are fuzzy.  Standing are my Grandson Brian (the oldest) and his girlfriend Jess (I consider her a granddaughter).  Sitting left to right is Alecia, Cassidy (the baseball player) and Ashley our hockey player.


Here is a picture of my kids.  Standing (l to r) my husband Terry, Me, Michael, Courtney (Pat's Wife) and Pat, he's the couch of Ashley's team.  Sitting is Chris (Kelley's husband), Kelley and Kim my youngest (her husband didn't come with us)

It was so great to see us all together.  Ashley's team won their first game 12-0 on Friday night.  Yesterday they won their first game of the day 8-0 and the game last night 3-1.  Today they have 2 games.  They have to win the first to play in the 2nd.  We couldn't go today so I'm waiting to hear by text how they did.


Also, my daughter Kelley and her husband Chris ran in the Corktown 5K.  Kelley has been sick with bronchitis and wasn't sure if she could run.  But she made it.


She just sent me these photos.  They both did a good job of it.

Well that's it for today as I need to finish up some projects.  I hope you are having a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy

10 comments:

Lori said...

Lots of fun happening in your neck of the woods. Love your Common Threads blocks!

Needled Mom said...

What fun it must have been to have the kids and grandkids all together!

That Common Thread block is fabulous and together they look great.

Karen said...

You made some more Common Threads blocks! I have four to post probably tomorrow and you and I are at the same place in making the blocks. I like seeing all the different fabrics and how you have put them together.

Janet O. said...

Really like your new "Common Threads" block--they all look great together.
Your border fabric works for me.
Fun to see your family and hear of their activities. : )

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

You're going to love your GO! I got mine about 15 months ago and can't imagine how I managed without it. ;-)

Love your blocks. I think the border fabric is perfect for your Double Hourglass.

Carrie P. said...

it is always good when you can get the kids all together at one time.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Cathy,
you are so right, the blocks look wonderful together. Very nice project.
Greetings,
Sylvia

audrey said...

The Common Threads quilt is looking fabulous! Love that new project too. Very graphic.:) Great to have family time. It's very precious.

Barb said...

what a beautiful family! congrats to the runners.
You have lots of great projects going on - really like the double hour glass.

Unknown said...

Great post mom! ❤️
Great weekend with the family!