Thursday, March 6, 2014

A Few More...

Off my list.

I finished the Quilt Doodles March Block.


The blocks for this BOM are suppose to be made of all squares.  I really don't like having to sew all those different 2 1/2" squares together so I redrafted all the blocks.


Here is Jan, Feb and March row and blocks.  Each month is either a block or a row.

I got all the shoo fly blocks made for my gifting quilt.


I really like the looks of these blocks.  I'm going to have to make myself one. Now I need to cut the sashing, corner stones and borders.  The 20 blocks was was on my "To Do" list.


Last month while I was straightening my sewing room I came across some flannel 9 patch blocks that I made many moons ago.  I decided to make our dog Sammie a quilt.  She loves blankets


This morning I got them all sewn together.  I actually found some of the fabric used to make these blocks (Obviously I never throw anything out) and scraped a back together and have cut out the binding from the last of the fabric.  I ordered a silicone mat that fits on my quilting table to help the quilt glide when quilting.  I will need it for this quilt.

The last thing I have to show you is my Primitive Primer.


Again a wonky photo.  But more importantly I finished the last applique border and got it sewn on.   The directions said to add a narrow border to the side and top but I chose to leave it as is.  This quilt now resides on the "To Be Quilted" pile.  And I am embarrassed to say that the pile is now over 3 feet high.  I think I need to get some tops ready for quilting.  And I promise not to post any more pictures of this quilt top until it is quilted.

The patterns for the next 3 6" blocks for the Hip Chicks BOM were posted the other day.  I printed them up and can't wait to finish them.  They are applique blocks.  I started one and will show you when I am finished.

Hope it is nice where you are.  The sun is shining here and the temps are rising....could it be spring in the air.  Gee I hope so.  I still have large piles of snow in the yard that I would love to see disappear.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy


4 comments:

Janet O. said...

Every project is great, Cathy. I especially like the shoo-fly blocks, and I love the Primitive Primer! Congrats on getting it all together!!

Judy in Michigan said...

You will love the Slider! It is the best!! Do you have Machingers gloves? Your quilt and blocks are gorgeous!! I started my tree block with the small squares and used up a bunch of scraps. Almost done with it. My cabin, however, was done with strips and not squares. The trillium should be a good luck charm to chase winter away.

Jen said...

HI!Cathy ,You have been really busy and I love the quilts and especially Primitive Primer. Some of my sewing group have just sewn quilts with the small squares fussy cut from photos as the pattern.

Carrie P. said...

staying busy with some really neat projects.
is that a trillium in your header? it sure is a pretty flower.