Sunday, March 16, 2014

8 Down - 2 To Go

I am whittling down my "To Do" list.

I finally finished the Hip Chicks March BOM's.


These were suppose to be Fusible Applique.  But I'm trying to hone my applique skills.  So the first 2 blocks are needle turn applique.  The third block was a little difficult to figure out.  What I ended up doing was English Paper piecing and then appliqued it to the background.  These were a challenge as the blocks finish at 6".

I have my Bluebird challenge quilt sandwiched and ready to hand quilt and I have 4 Jacobs Ladder blocks made with 6 to go.  When done, this will finish my "To Do" list.

Hope you are having a great weekend.  Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy

8 comments:

Doniene said...

My oh my, you have been a busy beaver!!! Your blocks are wonderful!! congrats on the book win!!

Blessings and hugs!

Janet O. said...

Good job on your blocks, Cathy. My Mom was doing a similar block to that third one once. She ended up doing the same thing you did. She had tried it a couple of times following the pattern but it never turned out the right size.

Karen said...

My favorite of your applique blocks is the pink and green flower block. Good that you practicing needle turn applique but does not look like you need practice.

Lynette said...

I've noticed that I'm tending away from fusible applique unless it's going to be a wall quilt. I just like the feel and especially the look a lot better of needle-turn or finely executed machine mini-blanket stitching on turned edges. Nice approach on that last one - I probably would have punished myself trying to piece it traditionally, but your way was better!

carla said...

Hi!!! I love your blocks!!! I followed over from What A Hoot!!!! I had a fun visit and saw your tree block!!!! I am doing that one too!!! Your tree block is wonderful!!! Hoping to show my tree by next week!!!! Hope to see you then!!!! Thank You

Kyle said...

Fantastic blocks. Your skills look sharp to me

libbyquilter said...

love your new header~!!
i've missed visiting you/your blog and have taken a few minutes to read back over your posts for the last month . . . you have made incredible progress on so many projects~!! i especially love that Primitive Primer top and the gorgeous block that you have plans to re-make.
it does sound like winter persists in your 'neighborhood' and you have gotten quite a bit of moisture. hang in there, when spring really gets serious it's going to be worth the wait.

thank you for your visit and comment.

:-)
libbyQ

Carrie P. said...

Lovin' those blocks.
English Paper piecing was a great idea for that 3rd block.