Tuesday, February 11, 2014

This and That

I have a few things to share..

First thanks for all the kind comments regarding my Twirling Fan block.  Sharon is really talented and makes it so easy to do.  

I have been asked to share my Dear Jane Blocks.  There is a story behind these blocks.  I started them years ago and placed them in a box for safe keeping...


...In moving up north to take care of Dad and then moving back home the blocks got lost.  Recently I was going through some boxes from the move and found them.  But not before I started over...


This time I was making the backgrounds different in each block while my original all had a white background.  I think I like the scrappy better.


I finished my February block for Quilt Doodles BOM.  My version is kind of boring but I plan on embellishing it later.

Later we are going to add snow flakes to the block.

So my "To Do" list for February is coming along good.

My Primitive Primer hasn't been touch yet.

I haven't worked on my 2013 Pieced Sampler yet

I have made 6 of the 10 blocks that I wanted to make this month for my Plaid Jacobs Ladder

BOMS:

Sugar Shack, Globetrotting, Country Threads and Quilt Doodles February blocks are done.

I have the patterns for the 3 February Hip Chicks block so I will be working on them soon.

And I finished the top for Lori's Midwinter Blues and now need to get it ready for quilting.

So for the 9 projects on my list I have 4 to go.  Not bad.


GIVEAWAY INFO:

On Sunday I showed everyone the book that I am giving away for the second week of my blogiversary month.  To enter click here.  I have already received many entries but unfortunately a few have been no reply commenter's.  I can't get in touch with you if I can't email you.

Lori at Humble Quilts wrote a post on how you can change this.  Please click here to read her post.  I'm sure it will help.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy


11 comments:

Janet O. said...

So will you make a little wall hanging with those first DJ blocks?

Radka said...

I can't understand why some bloggers
are still "no-reply", there has been enough talk about it on various blogs, it is frustrating! :-)

Gayle said...

How exciting to have found the missing blocks when you thought they were lost forever! I hope you'll combine them with the new scrappy ones - they'll look great together!

Kindred Quilts said...

What a nice find those Dear Jane blocks were!
I think you are doing very well with your February "to do" list...we should all be so organized... and productive!

Cheryl said...

I am always impressed by anyone who makes a Dear Jane quilt! My hat is off to you.

Ruth said...

Thanks for showing your DJ blocks! I am having fun working on mine and finished one last night. I came up to the Chicago area to visit my sister and today I'm going to a quilt shop with a blogger friend! I want to get some more repro pieces for DJ. Did you ever use the tutorial on dearjane.com for freezer paper on top hand piecing? I want to try it, but when I started trying it last night, it seemed like I should have ironed the freezer paper on the back instead of the front. I better check the instructions again. Did you use paper piecing mostly or did you piece by hand. I'm trying to get my bearings on what will work best for me.

Karen said...

You have accomplished a lot of your list and not too far into February. Me, I created more for my mental list and am paddling as fast as I can.

GCamden said...

Are you going to go ahead and finish the older Dean Jane blocks? The patterns are so pretty. I like the scrappy backgrounds too though.

Carrie P. said...

I like your scrappy backgrounds too

libbyquilter said...

both groups of Dear Jane blocks are beautiful but i have to agree with you in that i prefer the varied backgrounds over the plain white.
i think Gayle is right and they could be used together within the same quilt.
i totally admire anyone who is willing to tackle this big project~!

:-)
libbyQ

Maureen said...

I like the scrappy better, too. That must have been hard to start over! That's a generous giveaway. I'd love to try my luck but shouldn't add any more quilt books since I plan on moving this year. I haven't moved in 25 years and back then I had much less stuff! It's snowing here and since we don't get it very often I love it. Stay warm and stitch!