Thursday, February 20, 2014

Ta Da!!!

 A Flimsy finish, an new project to finish and a challenge.

First the flimsy finish...


Yesterday I sewed all the blocks together...that took a while.  And then I added the narrow blue border.  I used the same blue as I used in the 9 patches.  Today I got up bright and early (not really) sewed on the final border.  It is 3" wide and I used the same fabric as the background.  This top resides on the pile (and I do mean big pile) of quilts to be quilted.


This leaves me with one project left on my "To Do" list for February.

Meet Primitive Primer!


This project was started a few years ago.  I got serious about finishing it last year and this is where I left off.  I need to make a large star burst block for the upper left corner and 2 appliqued borders and 2 plain borders.  I'll be happy just to finish the last block this month.  This will end up on my March "To Do" list because of the appliqued border.


Last week while reading some of my favorite blogs I came across the "Bluebird Challenge" at Em's Scrapbag.  She had 10 blue bird flour sacks that she would send to the first 10 readers who wanted to participate.


It is so cute how could I pass it up.  We have until April 4th to make a quilt using the bag.  Once the quilts are posted our friends (That's You) get to vote on their favorite.  The winner will receive a FQ Bundle of 30's fabrics.  I'll keep you posted.

You might be interested in the fact that Em was chosen to be apart of Quiltlmaker's 2014 Scrap Squad.  I hope she has as much fun as I did in 2012.  She should be posting a picture of her latest quilt sometime this month.

I hope you enjoyed this post.  I've had lots of time to get some sewing done as our weather has been really crappy lately.  We had extreme cold weather, a snow blizzard, more snow, warm temps (we are talking 40) and now today it is raining...but wait...we are expecting colder temps and more snow by the beginning of next week.  

Hugs, Cathy

10 comments:

Janet O. said...

Nice finish, Cathy!
Your Primitive Primer is looking good!
What a fun challenge. I look forward to seeing what you create with that bird! : )

Doniene said...

Great finish, Cathy!!! And your prim sampler is great - always nice to get some UFOs out of the way!! I love blue bird flour sacks - too bad I didn't see it soon enough!!

Blessings and hugs!

Karen said...

I like the setting for your sampler style quilt. But I am most impressed with your applique quilt. It is a quilt that I have intended to make for a good long while. I have the patterns but have not made a start on it.

julieQ said...

That is such an awesone finish...I love it!! I too am creating a quilt of out Em's flour sack...it should be great fun!

julieQ said...

That is such an awesome finish...I love it!! I too am creating a quilt of out Em's flour sack...it should be great fun!

Sue said...

Congrats on a great finish! It always feels so good to finish UFO's

Cheryl said...

Congrats on the fine finish! Cannot wait to see what you do with the feedsack.

libbyquilter said...

it will be fun to see what you do with the bluebird feedsack as well as what the other's decide to do with theirs.

your flimsy is wonderful and i LOVE primitive primer~!!!

:-)
libbyQ

Kindred Quilts said...

Ta-da indeed! A lovely flimsy... love the bright colors!
What a cute idea with the flour sacks... we'll be watching!

Loves to Quilt said...

Your Primitive PRIMER looks fabulous! You have more patience than I do.