Saturday, February 22, 2014

Finally...

I have finally finished Ashley's quilt.  It has been over a year since this project was started.  I showed her a picture of the quilt on the computer.  She said she wanted one but not in the colors shown.  So I told her to go to the paint store and send me paint chips in the colors she wanted.  I hope she hasn't outgrown the colors in the year + it took to make it.



It is quite large and quite bright.  I have it hanging in the living room so I could get a picture of it.  Just the border is hidden behind the bench.  

I backed it with flannel.  She lives in the Upper Peninsula so she something to keep warm.  I quilted it with a serpentine stitch.  It is a tighter stitch and took much longer to quilt.  I could only machine quilt for an hour at a time because after that my neck hurt.

So I hope to go visit sometime next month and give her the quilt that she has been patiently waiting for.  I sure hope she likes it.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy

5 comments:

Kyle said...

The quilt is so cheerful and modern in design for a young person. Hope you can get to the UP with all the snow. I'm sure your daughter will love it!

Judy in Michigan said...

Cool quilt - she'll love it. Do you quilt on a long arm? Stop by in Gaylord on your way up.

Kindred Quilts said...

She will love it... just gorgeous! And what a smart idea of having her use paint chips to select the colors!

Debbie said...

The quilt is colorful and she should love it. If not, send it my way.

GCamden said...

It's very pretty. And those colors should cheer and brighten any winter day!