Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Wow it is May Already....

Time sure flies when you are having fun.

Lots to share with you today.  An April finish.



I'm very happy with the way it turned out.  I bought a striped fabric for the backing and liked it so much I used it for the binding too.

I told you I went to a quilt show Friday.  Well, what I forgot to show you is what I bought from the vendors.


I fell in love with candle mat kit.  It has different quilt blocks that go around the mat.


I got a new pattern for a table runner and some cute charm squares.


I'm going to start some wool projects so I picked up a pack of wool charm squares.


I found this wonderful fabric that will be great for backgrounds.


I won a door prize.  This is a pattern by Karen Stone.  The reason I picked this is that years ago I took a class with her and she was working on this quilt.  I have pictures of it before it was finished.  I learned to hand applique in this class.




I joined a Japanese X Swap and Bee.  I have to make 2 blocks each for 2 members.  The first two wanted brights.  I'm not really a "bright fabric" kinda girl so I hope these work.  One of them also wanted black and white fabrics.

The other day I was looking for my pair of scissors that I keep in the living room for when I am doing hand work.  I looked high and I looked low.  I hear a crunching sound.  I listened hard and found the noise was coming from Sammie's Puppy cave.



She had chewed off one finger hole and was working on the next.  No harm was done to Sammie but lots to my scissors. 

Good news was that I got 2 new pair.  I will be more careful as to where I put these scissors.

I'm off to the sewing room now to start my May To-do List.  I'll be back shortly.

That's so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Cathy 


5 comments:

Carrie P. said...

Sounds like Sammie needs some chew toys/bones. She did a number on your scissors.
Great buys at the show.
Love, Love your quilt. Well done!
And congrats you won my giveaway! I sent you an email.

Kyle said...

Love your blocks. They're so bright and cheerful. Funny, I just got a charm packet of Cuzco too.

Yvette said...

Great finish! Congrats!
I am loving the look of your scissors. LOL!

Janet O. said...

So much stuff here that makes me smile--especially the scissors! : )

Mama Pea said...

I have so much to say!

Whoa! Glad Sammie didn't get hurt! It's kind of fun to have a good excuse to buy new scissors. :-)

I LOVE your quilt (first photo)! Wow, did that turn out great!

Those X blocks are really awesome. Great pattern, great fabrics.

I love the Cuzco fabric, too. Looks like you had a great time at the show!