Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Happy Dance....

Another finish.   This is one of my three projects on my March UFO Busting.



 I so didn't like this quilt while working on it but now that it is finished I love it.  It is approximately 36"x 36".  I had in mind a table quilt but it looks like it would make a nice baby quilt.  You can hardly see where the half hexagons were sewn together (except on the large red check hexagons.)


I started working on my second UFO Busting Project.


 Here are the blocks from the 2011 EQ7 BOM.  I only made 9 blocks and really don't want to make anymore.


This is the layout I came up with.  I'm hoping it will look better once it is sewn together.  I'm hoping to get the top sewn together later today.


I also finished the hand quilting last night (while watching Hell's Kitchen) on my Stripy Triangles Quilt and plan on attaching the binding and finishing that up tonight.


I have to laugh at some of the comments I have gotten.  Mainly....Do I do anything but sew?  Well, occasionally I do vacuum, and I cook, sometimes I do laundry and dishes....but yes...I do a lot of sewing.  I have a very understanding DH.  He retired last year and believe it or not he likes to do dishes and the laundry.  As long as I cook he is a happy camper.  Also I get a lot of sewing done in the winter...but come spring, summer and fall we love to go camping.  I usually don't get as much done then.

However, since we bought a new trailer, I have one of the storage compartments under one of the benches which will be mine all mine.  I plan on taking one of my featherweights with me and some projects.

It's cold here in Michigan today.  We woke up to snow, wind and icy streets.  Another good day to stay indoors and sew.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

Hugs, Cathy

10 comments:

Janet O. said...

Your hexagon quilt would be great for a little one--turned out very sweet.
I really like the setting you have chosen for your BOM. It adds visual unity and interest, but keeps the spotlight on the blocks. Nice job.

Maureen said...

The hexagon quilt would make a fabulous baby quilt. I love the addition of red to an otherwise pastel palette.
I like how you've sashed your next project.
Cold weather is perfect for hand quilting. I'll do some today, too.
Looking forward to spring.

Anonymous said...

I love your hexagon quilt! I didn't notice the seams at all.

Impera Magna said...

Wow... you have been busy indeed! So much getting done, so many finishes!

More snow? *shiver* Spring is finally here... *knock on wood*

libbyquilter said...

however you are managing it, i think it's awesome how much you are getting accomplished~!!~

the hexie quilt would be a wonderful baby quilt~!

:-)
libbyQ

Kris said...

Love your hexi project. I am working on a half hexi project too. I think yours would be a wonderful baby quilt.

Sharon said...

Wow, you've gotten a lot accomplished! (Wish I was so good at it) Everything looks great. I wouldn't have guessed your hexies were halvesies if you hadn't said!

Isn't it nice to have a hubby that helps out? Mine is a good cook, and will even help clean house once in a while. He's a gem, and it sounds like yours is too!

donna said...

You are so silly. I love you quilts.
Hugs
donna

Carrie P. said...

I love your little hexagon quilt.
It is amazing how your blocks look so different with the sashing.
Winter is a good time to sew. Yes, there are other things to do during the other months. Like gardening for me! Can't wait. I know you can't wait to go camping.

Mama Pea said...

I loved your hexies while you were working on it and now that it's done, I'm swooning over it!