Sunday, February 24, 2013

Oscars Tonight!!!

Oscar Night always brings back some fond memories.  When I was a kid, my Mom and my Aunt Bunne always got together on Oscar Night.  They would take turns at each other's house and would make a real evening out of it.  I always loved it when it was Mom's turn because she would let me stay up late.  They are both gone now....but the memories are still here.

Tonight while watching the Oscars I will be sewing down the binding  on my Autumn Plus quilt.



It is sitting on top of a very large pile of tops that need quilting.  I think that there are around 30...   I really need to get some quilting done.  This quilt is one of the projects that I listed at the beginning of the month that is on my UFO Busting list.  Check one off.

I got my Quilts by Cheri SAL quilt done.

I really like how it turned out.  I hand quilted it using black thread.   On Cheri's post she showed a little quilt she made out of extra blocks.


I had a few left over and this is what I made out of one block.  I'm sending this to my friend instead of the windmill quilt.  

You might remember that I made the girls in my family 12" quilts to hand on a table frame.  I decided I need to get started on making them more.  The first one I am going to make them is a Cup Cake Quilt to hang for birthdays.  


This is the first I have started.  I need to put a cherry on top.  I think the girls are going to like these.

Don't forget about the giveaway....you have until February "28".  Enter here.
Good Luck and thanks to everyone for being a follower.

Well I'm off to the sewing room.  I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

Hugs, Cathy

10 comments:

Betty Lou said...

Sweet quilts, especially the cupcake mini. I'll be thinking about you during the Oscars, don't know what I will be working on., none at the binding stage. Maybe I'll just knit.

libbyquilter said...

oh that cupcake piece is very cute~!~love those polka dots in the background and the batiks work wonderfully in it too.
i think you are right and they are going to be a hit~!!~

you have quite a lot of things going on and with a number of things getting added to the finished list . . . good for you~!
enjoy the Oscars and your stitch time.

:-)
libbyQ

Janet O. said...

Cute cupcake quilt. I'm sure those will be appreciated.
I especially like the little piece from Cheri's SAL. You made great use of the extra block, too.

Angie said...

Such sweet memories :) and such darling little quilts. You have been busy, girl. :)

Carol said...

Love your plus quilt and your Cheri quilts are fantastic! The cupcake is soooooooooooo cute!

Yvette said...

Everything is great! I really love your Cheri quilt. I really need to do more of her projects.

em's scrapbag said...

Love the hand quilting. And your plus quilt is great.

Carrie P. said...

OH, boy! you do have a lot of quilt to finish.
great job on getting the binding on your one UFO. I have the link up for your finished UFOs when you are ready to link up.

Karen said...

There are so many award shows any more that I don't pay much attention to them. I watch the Today show on Monday and see the highlights and that is enough for me. But for those who see many of the movies nominated throughout the year, I can see how it would be something to look forward to.

Mama Pea said...

What nice memories you have. Aw! Glad you are getting so much done!