Sunday, November 25, 2012

OUR FIRST SNOWFALL OF THE SEASON

It was pretty but slick out.  No pictures...to cold to go out to take pictures.  So I did what any quilter would do...

I spent the day in my sewing room quilting.

Are you addicted to Pinterest?  Well I am.  I have found so many interesting things.  For instance....

I saw these on Pinterest.  They are sold at Harbor Freight for $1.99 for two 45 mm blades and they call them Carpet Cutting Blades.  Well my husband, Terry, is a Harbor Freight junkie.  So on his last trip there I asked him to pick me up a package.  Today while cutting fabric I noticed my blade wasn't cutting right so it was a good time to try the new ones.  I am very happy to say they work fantastic.  So I thought I would send along this little bit of info to all my friends.

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Saturday, and an early Cyber Monday.  I got lots of shopping done just sitting here in my warm cozy chair.

Hugs, Cathy

P.S. I've got a nice pot of barbeque pulled pork in the slow cooker and it smells delicious here....lol
 

7 comments:

barbara woods said...

thanks for the info

Carrie P. said...

someone told me about that. can't beat that deal. dinner sounds yummy.

Maureen said...

Great tip. I'll have to keep that in mind. Have fun in the snow!

Anonymous said...

I have been to Harbor Freight on several occasions to get stuff for my husband. PS Barbeque pulled pork sounds yummy!

libbyquilter said...

a snow day, quilting and pulled pork in the slow cooker . . .
sounds perfect~!

:-)
libbyQ

Janet O. said...

Just had someone mail me one of the Harbor Freight blades to try. I had just changed my blade, so I haven't put it in yet.

Impera Magna said...

Get tip, Cathy! Thanks! The closest Harbor Freight is almost an hour away but if I'm in the area, I'll stop by and pick up a pack!

Hmm... wondering if they will ship...