Wednesday, August 24, 2011

It Came....


I won any book I wanted from Emily @ "Em Celebrates" and "Celebrating Big Girl Pants".  I chose this book.  I absolutely love it.   I love the cow in the book (since I collect cows) and I'm thinking I can change it into a Moose (I collect them too).  Thank you, thank you, thank you Em.  I luv U girlfriend.

I recently joined a new group: "Quilts, Bindings and Books".  We are going to read a book and then make a quilt that represents some portion of the book.  The book we choose is "The Lover's Knot" by Clare O'Donohue.  So I went to Amazon and ordered my book.  Of course I had to check out some quilting books.....I was bad....lol


I love applique and this book is great.  It has a DVD with the patterns and you can print the patterns up in 5 different sizes.  But that's not all....


I am such a fan of Kathleen Tracy.  I follow her blog religiously.  And my DH won't throw a fit at my buying books as long as they have anything to do with the Civil War.  lol

Now I did get some sewing done too.

I finished the quilt top for my nephew to be, Cowen.  It was too dense with all pieced blocks so every other block is a neutral plain block.  I like how it turned out.  This weekend I will sandwich, pin baste and machine quilt it.

Don't think that I have forgotten my "Primitive Primer" quilt.


I've been so busy with so many projects lately.  The other day I pulled this block out and started working on it again.  I usually work on while the Detroit Tigers are playing.  After this block is done I need to make the Starburst block and the appliqued border.  I can't wait to finish it.  I already have a wall I plan on hanging it.

Today would have been my Dad's 90th birthday.  He passed away in February 2010 on Superbowl Sunday.  How he loved the Superbowl.  I miss you Dad.

Wishing you a quilty day.

Hugs, Cathy

9 comments:

Janet O. said...

I recently purchased the Civil War book, too. Some great projects in there.
The quilt for you nephew-to-be looks really good. That Primitive block is very fun! You do have so much going on! I feel like I am in slow motion, in comparison!

Allie said...

Congrats on winning that book! Your other new books look great too. Cowen's quilt is darling - good idea to use a neutral block.
It hasn't been that long since your dad's passing....how you must miss him! I know I still miss mine, and he passed when I was 17.

Carrie P. said...

Congrats on your win. Looks like a fun book.
I just saw Kay's book at a local shop. Looks like it has some great patterns.
Have fun with your new group.

Talin's Corner said...

Congrats on your win. I love the fabrics in your "primitive primer" quilt block.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Yes don't forget your Prim Primer! Because your doing great on it! I love it. And I"ve been wanting that "Inspired by Tradition" book. So how is it?

Jen said...

Hi! Cathy,
A good win, I love cows also. Yes,Pretty bad haha,but pretty good books!!Your funny Cathy saying that about DH gave me laugh. Nephew's quilt is lovely. Sorry to hear about your dear Dad,you will be missing him. x

em's scrapbag said...

Waht a great book to win. Love your book group idea. Sounds like fun.

Linda said...

I love new books!!! You picked some great ones too!! I usually make few items from them, but I LOVE all the eye candy! :-)

Betty Lou said...

Love Kathleen Tracey also. Have three of her books, but missing Prarie Children. Isn't it fun to have new quilt books to look at?