Sunday, July 10, 2011

I've Been Playing...

..with free motion quilting.


I started with an outline of the flower in the center.  Then I did free motion daisies in the white squares and finished with some swirling wave like meandering in the pink sections.  Then I bound it and.....


...hung it on my inspiration wall in my sewing room.   I started this free motion quilting journey with Joanne @ "Thread Head"  but stalled out.  Then I received a quilt from a swap at 15 minutes play from Em @ "Em Celebrates" (the quilt in the upper right hand corner).  The quilting was fantabulous.... it's like I want to be just like her when I grow up....even though I am much older than her.   Now before I go to sleep at night I keep thinking about what I want to quilt and how I want to do it.  lol

Well this morning my husband let Bear out and saw him licking something.  He put him in the house and then went to check out what had caught the dogs attention.


A baby bunny.  To give you an idea how small this bunny is....the leaves around it are slightly bigger than a quarter.  You can see the mark on the top of its head where the dog licked it.  It is sooooo cute.

Well I'm waiting for my daughter to get home and pick up my weekend guest.  Then I am off to the sewing room to play.

Hope you have been having a wonderful weekend and a quilty day.

Hugs, Cathy

6 comments:

Yvette said...

What a cute bunny!!!

You are doing great on your free motion quilting.

Diana and LaDonna said...

Keep on free-motioning! (is that a word?!) You're doing great! Poor little bunny...got a bath from someone other than mommy!

LaDonna

Carrie P. said...

free motion takes practice and i need lots.
i am surprised your dog did not eat that bunny. i wonder where it's mom was?

merumo said...

Your free motion quilting looks beautiful! I've been practicing on that for the past a couple of years now, but still not in confident at all. I browsed through your archived posts and especially like your primitive quilt projects a lot!! They look very nice and fun, and make me feel like to get started something like that soon :))) Thanks for a beautiful inspirations!!

Linda said...

Quilting is looking great! Sweet little bunny! :-)

Em said...

Cathy, I am smiling big as I read your post and there is a Godwink in this!!!! Porsche found a bunny also the other day but decided to carry it like she does our kittens. Everyone was safe in the end but I can imagine a little bunny's heart was pounding fast at both of our homes!!!!! Can't wait to see what you fmq today! Love, Em