Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Floribunda, Primer and more


"Floribunda".  Don't you just love how the name rolls off the tong.  This quilt comes courtesy of Bonnie Hunter.  She figured out the pattern for an antique quilt and then posted the directions on her blog and on her website.  It is done in yellows and florals.  I am using all kinds of yellows, some plain, some checks, some florals.....  Check it out and then come play along.  It is soooo easy to make.  I'm going to make 2 blocks a day till I like the size of the quilt.


My Primitive Primer is coming along very nicely.  I started sewing sections together.


Today I am going to work on the house block.  Then I just have the Starburst block and the Vase with Flowers.  Last but not least the appliqued border.


Here is the latest Barbara Brackman Block.

I was originally going to call this post...."Really, I mean Really?"   But while reading blogs last night I came across my friend Em's blog and that was the title she chose....lol.  She tells a nice story that I am part of.   I emailed her and told her how much I loved her story about "Story Quilts".  She emailed me back saying she was thinking of me and  checked her email and there was an email from me.  Can't wait to see her next story quilt.  Clue:  It has something to do with "Big Girl Pants" aka: Me.  Check out her blog "Em Celebrates".  A link to her blog is on my sidebar.

Now the reason I was going to call my post Really is.....I've been thinking of all the projects I'm working on and I signed up for another....Really"?  Here they are.  Not in any particular order.
  1. Bunny Hill BOM
  2. EQ BOM
  3. Barbara Brackman Civil War Blocks (weekly)
  4. Farmer's Wife Quilt-a-long.
  5. 15 Minutes Play BOM
  6. 15 Minutes Play Block Bee (starting in September)
  7. Primitive Primer
  8. Floribunda
  9. Log Cabin Bow Ties
  10. Regular Bow Ties
These are the ones I am actively working on.  I really want to start the Kaleidoscope blocks and I have just signed up for a Blog Hop quilt-a-long starting this month hosted by Sew Joy.  Her link is on my side bar.

You know I can't understand why my husband is so concerned about housework and meals... doesn't he know my art comes first....lol   Maybe I should cut back on my projects....Nah!

Hope you all had a safe and wonderful 4th of July weekend.  I did but I am soooo looking forward to my vacation in a couple of weeks.  We are going to my beloved Upper Peninsula to visit my Son, Daughter-in-Law and granddaughter.

Wishing you a quilty day and thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy

11 comments:

Impera Magna said...

I love the Florabunda quilt... I wish I didn't have so many irons in the fire right now... but it will happen some day!

Carrie P. said...

Oh, that Bonnie is so talented. She comes up with the greatest patterns.
Love your prim blocks so far.
visting blogs makes me want to do more things too. Just can't get enough. lol

libbyquilter said...

that primitive primer is so darn cute~!!!~ LOVE it~!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-)
libbyQ

p.s. it's amazing what one can get done when inspired by other artists~!!~ you're going to have a stack of really cute finished projects when this list is all crossed off.

Linda said...

Primitive Primer is gorgeous, as is the Florabunda!!

Allie said...

These are fabulous! Wow you've got a lot of projects going...how do you keep them all straight! My hubby and oldest son are going up for the Hiawatha Music Festival in a couple of weeks in Marquette. Love it up there but I sure do hate that drive...

Cheryl said...

I had to chuckle because "really" I have about the same number of ART projects going too. Floribunda will be glorious! Setting block goals for each day is a good way to get a project done.

Yvette said...

Who cares about housework when there are so many fun things to work on. LOL!

I love your Primitive Primer blocks and look forward to seeing them together.

Talin's Corner said...

I really like your primitive blocks. Well, if you join and do a lot of different projects, you will never be bored, right? And house work??? No comment.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Love your post! Made me :)!!!!!

Your Primitive Primer is wonderful. So are your other projects and the ones on the list. At least your hubby knows where to find you! As mine does too! I am either in the sewing room creating or in "our" garden so I can make something special for our dinner. Not weed casserole or soup---LOL!:)

Carolyn

Quilts And Pieces said...

Your sections are looking so good!!!!

Sarah Vanderburgh said...

Love your Floribunda. I want/need to make that one too. An excuse to get some more yellow fabrics for sure:) Your primitive primer is gorgeous too.