Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Remember Me

I finally feel better.  I still have a cough (and the sore ribs to prove it) but I can breath without wheezing.  This was the worst I have felt in a long long time.  Thanks to everyone for the well wishes.   I think they helped.  Still not at my best but doing so much better.  I think I can finally get some sewing and quilting done.

Since I haven't been doing much I'll show you 2 of the quilts I have hanging in my house.

This is a quilt designed by Jo Morton.  It hangs between my front door and the window.  I had this quilt almost completely quilted when I decided I didn't like it.  So I took it all out and redid it.   This is one of my favorite wall quilts.

When I was living up north I hung my quilts everywhere.  The guest bedroom had quilts with flowers.  My bedroom had quilts with birds.  This next quilt is one I made up north. 
I had about 4 bird feeder hanging outside the enclosed porch overlooking the lake.  All year long we had  Gold Finches.  So when I came across this pattern I had to make it.  I would love to see the Gold Finches change from their olive drab to the bright gold as summer approached.

Well time to get back to sewing.  Not even sure what I want to work on as my mind is still fuzzy but I need to be working on something.

Wishing you a quilty day.

Hugs, Cat

6 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Glad to hear you're on the mend... this being sick business certainly interferes with creativity and productivity!

Cheryl said...

Glad you are feeling better. Enjoy being back in the sewing room.

Joanne said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better.
Love the basket quilts - one of my favorite blocks.♥

donna said...

I am so glad you are feeling better. Love your wall hangings.
Hugs
donna

Allie said...

I'm SO glad you're feeling better! This has been a bad year for viruses. I hope you're back to normal soon!
Your quilts are just darling, love the goldfinch, I'm partial to them. I love small quilts, they're perfect for brightening up any wall!

Mama Pea said...

I hope you are feeling all better very soon! Love your quilts. I give so many of mine away, I rarely get to hang them up at my house. LOL.