Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hunker Down....Here Comes the Storm

All they are doing on the news is talking about the impending storm.  We are suppose to get between 10"- 12".  I'm hoping they are wrong....but if not it will be a good time to quilt.

I worked on my To-Do list yesterday.   The block on the left is the first block of Barbara Brackman's  Civil War Blocks.  One down and 3 to go.  The block on the right is Block #7 of Thread Head Quilt-a-Long.  Seven more and I will be caught up.

I also finished appliqueing all the petals on my Sunflower Quilt.  Now I just need to find the fabric I planned on using for the center of the Sunflower.  I started working on this in May, 2010 and now I can't remember where I put the fabric. 
I designed this quilt from a photo a friend of mine took.  He was surprised when I asked him for permission to use his photo.  But gladly gave it.  I can't wait to show him the finished quilt. 

I want to share a recipe with you.  I found this on Debbie Mumm's Web page.  These are really delicious.

MORNING COFFEE MUFFINS

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/4 c. white sugar
2 t. baking soda
2 t. ground cinnamon
1/4 t. salt
2 c. shredded carrots
1/2 c. raisins
1/2 c. dried cranberries
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
1/2 c. unsweetened flaked coconut (I don't add this)
1 apple - peeled, cored and shredded
3 eggs
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
2 t. vanilla extract

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C.) Grease 12 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together flours, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.  Stir in the carrot, raisins, dried cranberries, nuts, coconut and apple.
  3. In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, oil, applesauce and vanilla.  Stir egg mixture into the carrot/flour mixture, just until moistened.  Scoop into prepared muffin cups.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
I made a batch of these last night.  I put them in the freezer and heat in Microwave to have with my morning coffee.  They are really good.

Well we are under a weather advisory from 7:00 pm tonight until 7:00 pm tomorrow.  So hunker down, keep warm, keep safe and quilt.

Have a quilty day....Hugs, Cat
  

3 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Mmm...those sound good. Cranberries and nuts. Yum. Thanks for sharing. Let's see what happens with this storm...

donna said...

Thank you for sharing your reciepe. Can not wait to try it. Stay warm.

Cheryl said...

Stay warm and safe. Love your work! Thank you for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. We'll inspire each other.