Friday, January 21, 2011

The Sun is Shining But it's Oh So COLD!

It is so cold this morning...I'm sure it is colder elsewhere but at 10 degrees its colder than what we're used to.

Even my snowman is shivering this morning.

One year for Christmas I made 20 of these little guys as gifts.  I found the plastic nose one year after Easter and knew one day I'd have a use for them.




A few days ago my daughter and I did a little shopping.  This one store had Christmas items
90% off.  I got these boxes for 29 cents each.  They are approx. 7" x 7" x 7".  Perfect size to keep my 6" squares in. 

I started working on the Civil War Inspired quilt that is on the Thread Head Blog.  Her blocks are 9 inches.  I decided that I am going to make mine 6 inches and try a different layout.  As soon as I get a couple of blocks made I will share photos of them.  I will be keeping them in one of these boxes.



Hubby and I went for a ride yesterday and ended up at the Mary Maxim's store in Port Huron.  I picked up a really cute pattern for Felt Pincushions, 2 yds of a tiny floral by Thimbleberries, and a FQ of cute mint green with cherries (I plan on using for a Valentines project).  Can't wait to start new projects....but have too many to finish right now.



I did get a chance to work on my Roll Roll Cotton Boll.   I got all the rows sewn now I need to sew these together so I can start the borders. 

I've seen some of the other quilts made from this pattern and amazed how different they look with different fabric choices.  My goal is to get the top done this weekend.  



I voted on the Bargello quilts at the Quilting Gallery Blog this morning.  Check them out.  There are some amazing quilts.  I never knew there were so many design possibilities for Bargello.

Wishing you a Quilty day.....Cat












2 comments:

Allie said...

Cute snowman and boxes! I'm so jealous you went to Mary Maxim, I only seem to get there in the summer. And I miss going to Sew Elegant quilt shop too. I'm ready for summer not just because of the weather, but for the road trips too, lol! Your RRCB quilt is just GORGEOUS!

Mama Pea said...

I didn't know Mary Maxim actually had a store. I thought they were just a catalog company. Huh! Hope you're staying warm. It has been cold, hasn't it?